i mentioned in the last post that i’m working on the spring shoots from alice yu’s socktopus book as part of a kal on ravelry. this sock is constructed in a different manner than i’m used to. i’ve done toe up and top down socks. these are done toe-up (using a turkish cast on, which i LOVE, and was new to me), and then you put in waste yarn to do an afterthought LEG. after that, you begin your heel decreases. oh, and to get the afterthought LEG in, you must Cut your Yarn. so here is a photo of my progress so far. and i have been at a standstill with this for at least 3 days. i’m just working up my courage to do some snipping! i’m not really scared, but…i’ve re-knit the majority of the foot a few times now because i was not measuring correctly. hopefully, i’ve figured out the right place to put in my leg, and hopefully the heel will fit me too:)
you might also notice the bag…here is a closer look:
and my favorite little detail, the dragonfly zipper pull:)
on to the madness part (yeah, it isn’t the cutting of the yarn!!). i started on these guys. they are 2.5 inches wide by 2 inches long. that’s gonna be a lot of hexagons!!
my plan is to make a small baby blanket, and then, as time goes on, slowly add to it, and one day, maybe it will be a nice blanket for my little alien t-rex in his home. i just started last night, and i’m toying with the idea of doing the little hexagons a little differently, but will see how my imagination translates in the real world. but this pattern has taken over many knitters on ravelry, the beekeeper’s quilt. the pattern was a gift from a friend, and i love the idea, but i don’t think i’m going to be stuffing them…project page info is here.